Friday, November 14, 2008

Detroit Architecture


I have always had a special place in my heart for Detroit seeing that my Grandmother (God rest her soul) was from this once thriving city. She would tell us stories of growing up in Detroit and made it sound so glamorous, but it was always so hard to believe given the only thing I really can relate to Detroit is a bunch of old broken down buildings in neighborhoods that are unsafe. I still have hope for the great city though, eventually it will be revamped and the center for urban living once more. I read the Design Guide (I recommend you read this if you plan on going to Detroit anytime soon, it is well written for many reasons) for Detroit on one of my favorite blogs. I loved the guide...it gives history along with present day hot spots...there was a lot I didn't know about Detroit. I decided to post this image, I got from the author of the article, of Michigan Central Station. You can only imagine what an amazing building this once was. See more images of Michigan Central Station.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...